Have some questions? Of course you do… here’s a quick FAQ.
“Why should I hire you instead of my in-house writer or agency?”
Three reasons: I’m easy to work with, flexible, cost-efficient, and experienced (oops, that was four). Many other companies have come to love and lean on the freelance model after years of seeing firsthand the clear and distinct advantages to this approach.
Have you? It’s a great way for any company to do business. You don’t have to hand out salary, vacation pay or benefits. You can buy only what you need, when the service is needed. Not convinced? Work with me on one project. With no long-term commitment, you have nothing to lose.
“Do you have experience writing for my industry?”
While I may not have the specific experience you’re wondering about, I have written many types of copywriting projects for many different industries, and I pride myself on being able to step into any new situation and quickly get up to speed. Copywriting is all about structuring the important information in a way that will have maximum impact — and I know how to do that.
A good analogy is an advertising executive who can promote breakfast cereal one day and commercial airlines the next without having much, if any, experience working in those fields. Unless it’s a very technical subject that requires some specific training to understand the processes or vernacular, I feel confident I can deliver for you.
“How do we get started?”
First, simply get in touch with me. Once I have some basic information on your project, I’ll send a no obligation agreement letter the same day. If you want to move ahead with the project and agree to the terms in the letter, simply sign it and return it to me.
After that, I’ll arrange a more in-depth interview (usually around an hour long,) in which to gather the information I need to begin work. I’ll stay in touch throughout the project, allowing for feedback and input from you at each stage.
“What’s it like working with you?”
I’m very easy to work with. You will find working together to be a refreshing and comfortable experience. At the same time, I am very results-driven and service-oriented.
You will like working with a writer who is able to:
- Grasp complex initiatives quickly (that is, someone who is a “quick study”)
- Take ownership of a project
- Deliver marketing tools that communicate powerfully to your target audience
- Enhance your image and improve your profit picture
If you are located near Atlanta and are interested in my services, let’s meet up for coffee (I’m buying!). Otherwise, I work remotely via email, phone, or IM. This saves everyone time and is more efficient.
“What if I need a project done, say, yesterday?”
I may be able to accommodate a rush request, but I reserve the right to charge an additional rush fee of at least 25% of the total project cost for deadlines of 48 hours or less. For jobs assigned on Thursday / Friday and due on Monday / Tuesday (weekend work), I treat it like a rush request. Please add an additional 25% to the total cost.
“What if something needs revising?”
No problem. I’m happy to work with you to create the best piece possible. All I ask is that you give as much detail as possible about what you’d like changed. Requested revisions need to be given to me no later than 30 days after the project’s due date.
“What are your terms of agreement?”
All the terms will be outlined in the agreement letter I send you. But, to summarize, I require:
- A signed client agreement for all jobs.
- A signature release upon project completion indicating your acceptance of the final work and releasing me from any further responsibility or liability.
- Copywriting fees to be paid 50% in advance, with the balance due within 30 days of completion and delivery.
- If project is killed during the copywriting stage, writer is entitled to full payment of all hours invested up to that point.
- If project is killed for any reason after completion of the copywriting, writer is entitled to full payment of agreed-upon fee.
- Reliability, a good attitude and professionalism are guaranteed for each client. I believe every person deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
The Next Step
Hopefully I’ve answered any questions you have, and you’re excited about the possibilities of what a professional B2B copywriter can do for your business.
Go ahead and check out the list of satisfied clients to see who’s already putting my expertise to work.
Or if you’ve already seen what you need, you can request a consultation today so I can start helping you generate great results for your company.